Wednesday, April 13, 2011

In which the vacuum table almost gets done

Well, I got a lot closer to finishing the vacuum table today.
Today I added:
  • The four posts to the top of the table
  • The roof of the table
  • The two burners that will heat up the plastic
  • The four rails
  • Half of the frame built
  • Kim bought my roto zip bits
To finish up I'll need to:
  • Finish the frame
  • Cut the hole in the bottom/inside of the table
  • Add the plastic tube and connect it to the leaf blower
Once this is done (hopefully by/on Sunday) I'll be starting the driod proper. To do this, I'll need:
  • Some 3/4 inch plywood
  • Some 1/2 inch plywood
  • Make some templates
  • Start a cuttin'!
I'm starting to get excited with the project...having worked on this vacuum table has been a nice starter...I've found another such project that I'll probably work on during the droid build. It's a CNC machine that I can build myself. I've put a link to it on the sidebar in case you'd like to take a look at it. I can see several uses for it in a lot of different things, particularly in the droid build.

No comments:

Post a Comment